DCAF Supports DCA Members:
- Full Litter BAER Test OFA Submission – Here’s how!
DCAF pays the OFA Submission fees for entire litter BAER hearing results. Full printout and application must be signed by the authorized testing facility.
Click here for the OFA Congenital Deafness Application
- DCAF brochures for your puppy packs – free of charge!
Request yours here:Puppy Packet Brochure
- Downloadable Files for your puppy packs – free of charge!
To Do Checklist for Breeders :
Before the litter is whelped:
• Nominate your litter for the DCA futurity
• Create your DCA breeder upcoming litter ad for the DCA website
After the litter is whelped:
• Update your DCA breeder upcoming litter ad for the DCA website
• Apply for your AKC litter number https://www.akc.org/register/litter/
• Microchip your puppies and register the microchips at akcreunite.com,
• Prepare your contracts https://www.thedca.org/MemberEducation.html
• Request DCAF brochures for the puppy packs
• If you are a Purina Pro Club Member: Request puppy packs https://www.purinaproclub.com/
• Set up your hearing test and DNA blood draw
• Identify each puppy with their AKC number
• Download & fill out the forms for OFA hearing https://www.ofa.org/pdf/deafapp_bw.pdf
Mark the form with DCAF will pay for the registration
• Download and fill out the forms for DNA blood draw
Mark the form with “DCAF will pay for the registration”
• All OFA forms and samples can be sent in the same box.
• Send in the forms and blood samples to OFA: Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, 2300 E Nifong Boulevard, Columbia, Missouri, 65201-3806
• While you are filling out the DNA health forms for the litter, do an update on the Dam of the litter and any other Dalmatians in the house.
• Nominate your individual puppies for Futurity before they are 4 months old.